• 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sun

• 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Mountain Mike’s Pizza
    4.5 (70 reviews)

0.07 miles away from Lele Cake

Genelynn U. said"Came here after my daughters dance recital, great service. My daughter had some trouble deciding what she wanted and the waitress was very patient with us. Food came out fast, and tasted great! Will definitely be back!"read more

in Chicken Wings, Sandwiches, Pizza

La Original Paleteria Y Neveria
    4.5 (330 reviews)

5.9 miles away from Lele Cake

Melissa E. said"My family and I decided to check this place out on a hot Friday night! The pictures looked so good when I pulled up Yelp and I noticed they had good reviews as well. We came in at around 8 o'clock on a Friday night and there was a…"read more

in Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do they have gluten free options?

A:

Very limited.. there are few salads and a pastry

Olga E. 
      9 months ago
    • Q:

Does this place offer non dairy milk for their hot drinks?

A:

Yes! We got our lattes with oat milk. There's is slight upcharge but it's def #worthit

John D. 
      1 year ago 2 people found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Lele Cake

Overall rating

392 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Яна М.
      Яна М.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 7, 2024

Very delicious food. I am a fan of syrniki and farm to table salad. Iryna and Galya are very friendly and the service is great!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Connie W.
      Connie W.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 17, 2024

Originally I thought this was a Russian bakery because they offer Syrniki. But then I see they have Profiterole and Canele so maybe it is a French bakery.
      Regardless, it is a bright and darling cafe with healthy and yummy brunch food as well as gourmet desserts.

Mocha - not too sweet, great coffee taste.

Gruyere waffles with goat cheese and onion marmalade - I've never imagined onion marmalade, nor how wonderful the complex flavor can be. This is such a treat for cheese lovers.

Medovik - It is hard to find Russian Honey cake; this does not look like the traditional kind but it was still good. Similar qualities are soft sponge cake with sour cream and honey.

Profiterole - I would describe it as cream puff with custard; it was good.

Gruyere waffles with goat cheese and onion marmalade
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Wyatt P.
      Wyatt P.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 30, 2024
      1 check-in

It is a small sit down cafe with some food items.

My girlfriend and I ordered a couple of food items and 2 drinks.

The Cafe was quite small and we went on a busy day/time so we chose to sit outside. There are umbrellas that can be used to cover yourself which is nice. The bumble is made with 2 espresso shots and your choice between Orange juice or pomegranate juice. I got orange juice. It was an interesting take on coffee. It tasted like orange juice with a finishing taste of espresso. I usually don't like sour coffee so this kind of reminded me of it. I don't think I would get it again if I wanted coffee but I WOULD if I wanted something light without milk.

The prosciutto toast was not that great. The bread seemed really stale and hard to cut into. For its price, it kind of put me off it. Still acceptable tasting in general.

The salmon crepe was probably the best out of everything we ordered. Everything on the dish complimented each other very well. There was also some whipped sour cream (or whatever it was) that was quite nice! The salmon they used was very bright and tasty. I usually don't like smoked salmon due to how salty it tastes but this tasted very fresh.

The Poklova was very good. Still too sweet for my liking but it was enough to share with another person. There is a hard shell on the outside with a creme and jam on the inside. Very good!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Susan N.
      Susan N.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 30, 2024
      1 check-in

Food was 8.5/10 and service was 8/10!

When we walked in, the interior felt small. There were a lot of tables but it felt crowded so we ended up sitting/eating outside. There were patio umbrellas available if you want to get away from the sun! Their cake display was filled with delicious baked goods such as macarons, fruit tarts, tiramisu, etc.! This place is more of a first come first serve situation. It's not like a restaurant where they sit you down. We went at around 10:30AM and it was really busy around that time! If you plan on going with a group, I recommend either going earlier or at a good time where it's not busy!

My boyfriend and I had the Crepe With Salmon, Prosciutto Toast, and Pavlova! I also had the seasonal Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte as my drink! The crepe was pretty good! I was surprised with the sour cream because it's whipped! I've never seen sour cream in that format before, so it was quite interesting! It was my first time seeing/trying caper berries! It didn't really taste any different from the regular capers. The texture was interesting. It was crunchy and soft at the same time. The salmon was soft, buttery, and delicious! The slightly, crispy crepe gives a nice crunch to dish and the sprouts balances the dish out! The toast was underwhelming for me. The toast felt more on the stale side. It was hard to cut it so I ended up biting it, but even then it was hard to chew! I will say that the pear makes up for it. I'm not a big fan of goat cheese, but it goes well with the sauce on top. The pear gives a nice sweet crisp as well as cuts through the fattiness of the prosciutto! The dessert was an interesting texture. The first layer is some kind of gelatinous vanilla custard and the second layer is a meringue. When we cut through it, there was some jam hidden inside! It was quite sweet and delicious! It tasted like a mixture of ube and strawberry! The latte was good. It was a nice balance of creaminess and the strawberry tasted like jam.

The service was quick and simple! They were quite friendly and kind. I wish they would add a speaker outside their store to call for us if we were to wait outside. We didn't realize our order was being called until a customer told us from inside the store! Other than that, it was really nice first experience! I would love to go here again to try their other items!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sharon C.
      Sharon C.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 29, 2024

Very cute brunch spot out in South Los Gatos! Came on a Saturday morning and it was already pretty busy. The spot is really cozy decorated with a bunch of plants but there is limited seating so best to secure your spot early. You order at the register and also grab your food & tea there.
      My friend and I ordered the different variation of their waffles, sundried tomatoes and the other goat cheese. Both were beautifully placed and delicious! We also got one of their early gray tea pot sets that were perfect for a table of 2. Overall the service was really good and the food was fantastic! Definitely worth the drive!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Amanda C.
      Amanda C.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 30, 2024

This is one of the cutest new additions to the neighborhood! The food is delicious and the drinks are like heaven! The cafe was decorated for Easter when I visited and I loved the seasonal decor plus their abundance of plants scattered throughout the place. The furniture is so adorable and the overall ambiance of the cafe is very aesthetic and earthy cute. There are tables both inside and outside.

Customers order up at the front register then sit down at any table they choose. Once the food/drinks are ready they will call you name for you to come grab your items up at the front.

~ latte: beautiful art on top and a great, smooth taste
      ~ cup of mango tea: a wonderful flavor of mango that is not too overpowering and is very delightful
      ~ turkey sandwich: a new item to their menu, packed full with turkey and ingredients, a very filling food item
      ~ prosciutto toast: the goat cheese plus pears plus balsamic glaze was a delicious combination and is my new favorite item!!
      ~avocado toast: a classic, needed a bit more seasoning for my taste

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Liz Y.
      Liz Y.
      San Mateo, CA
      Mar 29, 2024
      1 check-in

This is my recent favorite brunch/cafe find!

Stepping inside is like entering a warm, Eastern European nook, right in the heart of Bay Area!

Absolutely smitten with the lush greenery and they have a delightful kids' corner stocked with toys and books!

Here's a lineup of my favorites:
      - Farm to Table Medley: A harmonious blend of farm picks bursting with vibrant flavors.

- Gruyere Waffles with Whipped Goat Cheese and Onion Marmalade: A perfect balance of savory with a sweet onion twist. We also ordered a version with Sundried Tomatoes that's tart and full of flavor!

- Basque Cheese Cake: Creamy, dreamy texture was so so good, I had to order a Matcha slide to take home!

- Lemon & Basil Tart: A refreshing twist where the tang of lemon and the aroma of basil really shines through!

- Ube, Cafe & Matcha Latte: The ube latte offered a subtle hint of sweetness, the cafe latte was smooth and balanced, and my friend was quite pleased with the authenticity of the matcha latte.

I can't wait to come back again!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Janette W.
      Janette W.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 9, 2024

This is a great addition to the neighborhood and has very interesting, savory takes on popular breakfast dishes. I had the Gruyer Waffles with Sundried Tomatoes and Soft Egg- which was incredible, with really interesting flavor pairings.

My parents had the granola and the salmon toast, which they also enjoyed. We had a few drinks and the bill was pretty high, but I would still come back. The decor is also super cute as well.

Gruyere Waffles with Sundried Tomatoes and Soft Egg
      Homemade Salted Salmon Toast
      Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Della S.
      Mar 7, 2024

This is a super super super aesthetic spot. The seating area is decorated with a bunch of cute chairs/tables and many plants. Their lattes are gorgeous and all their desserts are a work of art.

I tried a gibraltar ($5) with oat milk (+$1), ube tonic ($4.8), and the medovik ($9). The gibraltar had a great balance between creamy oat milk and espresso. I was disappointed by the ube tonic: the ube flavor was super faint so the drink mostly tasted like a purple tonic water.

The medovik was cute but quite difficult to eat. Because they piped the cream onto the layers instead of spreading it out, the cake/cookie layer did not soak up the moisture from the cream and ended up being dry and crunchy. It had a nice honey flavor to it but I ended up just deconstructing the whole thing and eating each layer like a cookie. I was impressed by the presentation of the medovik, but I would choose a different pastry/dessert.

As others have mentioned in their reviews, this is a pricey spot! I don't think they would be able to keep their cafe, food, and drinks this cute without charging as much as they do. However, I personally would rather get an uglier dish if it means that it would taste better.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Lisa N.
      Lisa N.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 3, 2024
      1 check-in

Ambiance was chill and relaxing. A cozy and aesthetically pleasing coffee shop with a European inspired menu.

My friend and I have similar tastes and we both ended up getting the Gruyere Waffles with Sundried Tomatoes and Soft Egg $18 -- the egg was slightly overcooked. Bummer. For the price and portions, I thought this dish was good.

Ube latte -- love the latte art. Tasted yummy!

Black currant macaron -- just ok if you like black berry stuff. I didn't like the Vanilla Profiterole. I like a different type of cream puff. This exterior was too hard and no flavor for me.

I'll just stick to the waffles and latte when I go here. Service was fast and polite.

Ube latte art
      Gruyere Waffles with Sundried Tomatoes and Soft Egg
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

20 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    iJava Cafe
    4.0 (214 reviews)

4.3 miles away from Lele Cake

Cristeta M. said"Went for brunch at Java Cafe . We got there around 1100 a week ago . We were seated right away and ordered from their menu . We chose the ones that people recommended from the reviews we read and the recommendation from our very…"read more

in Diners, Coffee & Tea, Breakfast & Brunch

Lou’s Coffee Shop
    4.0 (605 reviews)

2.6 miles away from Lele Cake

C B. said"Great independent restaurant! One of the very few in LOS Gatos. Been having breakfast and lunch for many years. Good food, nice service and fair prices."read more

in Waffles, Pancakes

Collections Including Lele Cake

People Also Viewed