• 11:00 AM - 9:30 PM

Sat

• 11:30 AM - 9:30 PM

Closed now

Sun

• 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Amenities and More

About the Business

At DISH n DASH, we bring the flavors and the spices of the Middle East to you. We use age-old, family recipes passed down from one generation to the next. We use ONLY the freshest: naturally-raised, free-range halal chicken; certified Angus beef; domestic, naturally-raised halal lamb; and fresh produce, all locally sourced. WHY? Not only is it better for the environment, it just tastes better.Grilled, savory meats wrapped in low-carb wheat lavash . . . homemade sauces . . . fresh squeezed per order juices . . . vegan hummus made from scratch . . . refreshing salads dressed with extra-virgin, Greek olive oil and herbs. Are these healthier alternatives? We'll let you decide At DISH n DASH we do not make fast food . . . we make fresh food fast. For your convenience, we offer corporate delivery services, phone and online ordering.…

Ask the Community

• Q:

Catering which is better DishNDash or DishDash?

A:

DishDash is better than DishNDash.

Jaching H. 
      10 months ago
    • Q:

Do they still have the chicken shwarma salad?

A:

Yes. Ask for any salad and add chicken shawarma.

Vivi B. 
      2 years ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of DishDash

Overall rating

4596 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Kim l.
      Kim l.
      Santa Clara, CA
      May 10, 2024
      Updated review

We had dinner here to celebrate my dad's bday. Made reservations a few days beforehand. We ordered:

Fattoush Salad: 5/5 really really fresh and tasty!

Appetizer sampler: 5/5 I really enjoyed the babaghanous and hummus. The falafel had a nice crunch to it.

Beef kabob: 5/5 very tender. This was a hit with the kids. Brussels sprouts were on point.

Chicken kabob pretty good. Potatoes were good too.

Mushroom pie: 5/5 i wasn't so sure about this one when it came out. It looks odd but it's super flavorful! Nice surprise.

Lamb: 5/5 I normally don't like the taste of lamb but this one didn't taste like lamb at all. It is very similar to stewed beef.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
      Oct 14, 2023Previous review
      Jul 6, 2009Previous review
    • Photo of Christine C.
      May 6, 2024

DishDash Sunnyvale is another establishment we've been coming to for over a decade (almost two!). We first started coming here circa 2003, when I used to work in Mountain View. This was a stable for me and my posse from work. We used to all get the vegetarian platters for our lunch; all the appetizers from hummus, babaganoush, dolma, tabouleh salad, and much more were so tasty! One time, we came for dinner and discovered the beriani dajaj dish (a chicken beriani dish with a luxurious, creamy sauce); we've been in love since. From time to time, we'd get a craving, and drive 30 minutes down to Sunnyvale just to have this dish.

This past week, I met up with my lunch crew from back in the day again, and we still enjoyed this spot so much. The vegetarian platter is no more, but they offer something very similar - the maza platter for two or four. The beriani daja, on the other hand, is still the same and still amazingly delicious! We also had the grilled chicken and that was quite tasty too, and something I'd get again.

Pro-tip: We came on a weekday (Fri) for a late lunch (1 pm) and that was perfect. We didn't have to wait, and was able to easily find parking the lot across the street as regular lunch goers were on their way out! We'll be back!

Shish Taouk
      Beriani Dajaj
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Frank K.
      Frank K.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Apr 21, 2024

We have been to DishDash many times and previously I have always thought of it as a 5 star place. The service is always good and the dishes are well-presented.

However yesterday we ventured away from our typical dishes, Maza Sampler and Reyash. The Rihan appetizer was good but next time maybe we should try the Babaghanouge. My wife enjoyed her Tiki Kebab with Brussels Sprouts but I was pretty disappointed with my Tabsi Falafel. It tasted more like a typical American stew except with Falafels. At least the Falafels were excellent. The other two vegetarian entree choices did not look too appealing which is why I think in the past I always ended up just getting the Maza Sampler.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Alisa B.
      Alisa B.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 13, 2024
      Updated review
      2 check-ins

After coming here several times now, I must say this is a staple in the Silicon Valley for a nice meal with friends! Especially for occasions or visitors! Portions are big and the prices can range from $25 to $40 per person. Definitely get a reservation on the weekends! My group of 6 people were able to squeeze into a table just before the dinner rush at 5:30 PM.

My favorite menu items are the Beriani Dajaj and Tika Kebab! Meat is always tender and balances with the veggies. Great quality of ingredients and everything is flavored perfectly. The portions are so big, I definitely recommend sharing and trying multiple dishes. Their hummus and babaganoush are also spectacular!

Helpful 13
      Thanks 3
      Love this 13
      Oh no 0
      Oct 12, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Mike H.
      Mike H.
      Murrieta, CA
      Mar 12, 2024
      1 check-in

This was the best Mediterranean food I have ever eaten- mike drop!

No but seriously, I took some business contacts here on a whim. It was raining so they had to move their outdoor reservations inside. They didn't know if they could make a spot for us but they were able to seat us at the bar.

I was super thankful but I found myself thinking, how many reservations could they have on a Tuesday?Well I got my answer as the entire place place was filled up in 20 minutes.

Despite how packed it was the service was impeccable, so courteous and helpful.

The food came out promptly and was absolutely fantastic! I had the Mansaf, it was PERFECT. The meat was melt in your mouth. The basmati rice and gravy were so, so good.

I loved the ambience, just so well executed.

Thanks DishDash! Bravo

Entrance
      Crazy busy at lunch
      Helpful 3
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Aisling S.
      Aisling S.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Apr 20, 2024

Amazing Middle Eastern food! Always tasty, always high quality! We've been here 4-5 times.
      Food: 5/5. Every time we come it's always really good, some nights certain dishes stand out more. From this last visit the zahra was not as good as last time but it was still tasty! This time the sea bass was absolutely incredible!
      Price: 4/5 While I used to think this was more expensive with other places prices going up I now think this is more reasonable yet still a more expensive meal however the quality makes it worth it. The portions are huge! So if you go with 3-4 people and share you can get away with $25-30 per person.
      Ambiance: 5/5 I love sitting outside ion Murphy street; it feels like a European square. They have heaters in the winter. I have never sat inside so I can't comment in that.
      Service: 4/5 They are mostly on it but when it's busy they can forget things. We had to ask multiple servers for items before.
      It gets busy but they take reservations, so definitely make one for the weekends but normally you can walk in during the week or wait for a short time.

Zahra Cauliflower
      Samakeh Chilean Sea Bass
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Bernardo S.
      Bernardo S.
      San Lorenzo, CA
      Feb 9, 2024

This place is nestled in Historic Murphy avenue. There's several parking spaces and garage surrounding the restaurant. We came 1hr before closing. Doesn't matter because the food and service was definitely deserve a 5star.
      Kelsey was our amazing server we sat outside and she always checked on us. Good food and good service with extra attention deserves a 5stars all day.
      Highly recommended

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 3
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Alex A.
      Alex A.
      Menlo Park, CA
      Apr 6, 2024

Omg!!! Excellent + amazing!!!

Last time I was here was pre-pandemic and forgot how awesome this place was. Food, service, efficiency all 10+ stars. Little details such as an under table purse hanger--to they see you waiting in line for the powder room--and then redirecting you the restroom in the other side....

Dessert..., let's say I am a chocoholic, HOWEVER, the baklava crumble totally rivals = no joke.

Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 4
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of F A.
      F A.
      San Jose, CA
      May 6, 2024

Fattoush Salad added feta and falafel. Soooo good. Big portion and I finished it because it was so good. My first time trying Turkish coffee which is strong and has a lot of cardamom. Beautiful decor inside and great service. Looking forward to coming back!

Fattoush Salad added feta and falafel. Turkish coffee.
      Turkish coffee
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Carolyn P.
      Carolyn P.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 10, 2024

Great service and delicious meal. It gets pretty crowded during dinner time so the service can be a bit slow as they're attending to many tables. The appetizer combo is great as you get a little bit of everything. I wish they served their meats a la carte. I wanted to try a bit of everything, but ordering full plates would be too filling. Outside seating is great when it's not super cold or windy. They do have heaters though. Inside is more formal.

Kufta Kebab
      Maza Sampler
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

657 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including DishDash

People Also Viewed

DishDash is a Yelp advertiser.