Sun

• 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM

• 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Closed now

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Pho Saigon Noodle House
    3.5 (804 reviews)

Ally B. said"So I was there last night and after I finished my food I go up to pay and tell the lady I'm paying for table #99, she tells me it's $99. Knowing it's a joke I smile and hand her my cash, but her expression doesn't change and she…"read more

in Vietnamese, Asian Fusion, Chinese

The Habit Burger Grill
    3.0 (367 reviews)

1.0 miles away from Khanh's Restaurant

Jeffrey C. said"When we arrived , a middle sized Asian lady helped us with out order. Immediately, she was extremely nice to us and helped us with out order. Everything we asked for, she helped us with a huge smile on her face! Normally we don't go…"read more

in Sandwiches, Burgers, Salad

Amenities and More

About the Business

Fresh, contemporary and perfect are the trademarks of Khanh's Restaurant. Founded in 1981, Khanh's restaurant has been embraced by diners across the Silicon Valley, California. Khanh's experience is a unique combination of Vietnamese cuisine, attentive service, homemade sauces, and tempting desserts.…

Ask the Community

• Q:

We saw the new location on Hamilton Ave but doesn't look open? Is the Winchester location still in operation now.?

A:

The location on Hamilton opened recently, end of COVID, I want to say. Their staff is really friendly & the wait is hardly ever longer than 20 minutes.

Emily A. 
      3 years ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Khanh's Restaurant

Overall rating

721 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of West S.
      West S.
      San Diego, CA
      Jan 20, 2024

this restaurant provides true authentic Vietnamese food with excellent service and a cozy ambience.
      Nestled in the heart of Campbell California the location is in an inviting atmosphere, and the management staff are very attentive.
      I truly recommend that a call ahead if you were planning to order Banh Xeo... this succulent dish is prepared fresh and requires a 20 minute lead time due to preparation.
      This establishment is known for their authentic cuisine that mirrors true Vietnamese culture.
      The menu and pricing is indicative of a true decadent restaurant of high quality and status.
      Extremely affordable!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of N Q.
      N Q.
      Willow Glen, San Jose, CA
      Jan 24, 2024

3.5 stars

We haven't been to Khanh's restaurant since before the pandemic when they used to be on Winchester Boulevard. We recently visited their new location in Campbell and noticed that the servers were not required to wear masks, which was disappointing. However, we used to be regulars at this restaurant and always enjoyed excellent Vietnamese dishes and wonderful hospitality.

During our recent visit to a restaurant we used to frequent, we discovered a change in management, but some long-time wait staff were still there. The restaurant stayed in the same family, but our understanding is the daughter and her partner now run the restaurant. The restaurant appeared slower, but the service was pleasant and well-intentioned. However, we were disappointed to find that some of our favorite dishes were not of the same quality as before. We ordered five dishes, but only the fresh rolls were close to what we remembered. The other four dishes fell short. It was not a busy evening towards the end of the week. No one checked back to see if everything was okay or if we would like anything else. The previous owners spoiled us.

Additionally, the prices had increased significantly since the last time we visited, which is understandable given the rising cost of living. We miss the warm hospitality of the previous owners, Mr. and Mrs. Khanh, who ran the restaurant with unmatched passion for good food and devotion to excellent service. We had hoped to relive the memories of many family and friend gatherings, but sadly, we left feeling that a piece of our past dining experience was gone forever.

We wish the current management promising good years and their staff all the best. However, the competition is tough, and we hope they can improve or bring back the food quality again and replicate the impeccable hospitality once was with Mr. And Mrs. Khanh's to attract loyal customers.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Stephanie C.
      Nov 23, 2023

A friend of mine told us about this place as it's the restaurant her family has gone to for forever. So we finally tried it with my friend to give recs.

It's a very unassuming place from the outside, but inside has a cool almost retro interior with gorgeous pictures on the wall. I especially love the little hidden garden in the front. Plenty of parking as well since they have their own parking lot.

Food:
      -egg rolls (8 for $18.50): standard deliciousness. Good amount of filling inside. Love wrapping it with lettuce and basil then dipping in the sauce

-fresh rolls (8 for $18.50): also standard deliciousness

-saigon crepe ($17.50): this was my favorite dish and I still think about this dish. The crepe is so good with great different textures. Obsessed

-bbq pork slices ($17.50): tender and delicious!

-vietnamese special rice ($16.50 for a small): chicken was tender and plenty of rice was a good size for a small

-vietnamese chow mein ($17): nicely fried noodles with a good amount of sauce and shrimp and meats

Overall, I would definitely come back, especially for the crepe. Wait staff was very nice and helpful. Definitely come and try!

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Michael S.
      Michael S.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Apr 20, 2024

Our family has been coming here for more than 20 years, back when it was located on Winchester and it's always a great experience. It's family owned so the service is great and they have a lot of great options that are accessible for someone who is relatively new to Vietnamese food. It might not be the absolute most authentic viet food but it's good, clean, and a very positive experience altogether!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Yuki K.
      Yuki K.
      San Jose, CA
      Aug 28, 2023

We got here at 11 on a Saturday but I guess they weren't expecting anyone that early because we waited outside for 5 minutes.

We ordered the beef noodle soup (pho, $17) and the Super Combination 1 rice plate ($19.50) which consisted of 2 egg rolls, bbq beef onion roll, bbq chicken, fried rice, and a side salad. The side salad consisted of a few pieces of lettuce (and possibly shredded carrots, but I can't recall) and came with a separate bowl of diluted fish sauce.

The meats here are tender and well-made with great flavor. Pho broth usually tastes the same (as do the thin rice noodles) so the meat really stood out (for both of our dishes). Egg rolls were nice and crispy but not burnt. The fried rice was fairly average though - a little bit oily and faintly salted. Overall good portions and great food. Sadly I did find two short pieces of hair right on the plate and well as in the salad bowl which may be a deterrent for some people.

Super Combination 1 - egg rolls, bbq chicken, bbq beef onion rolls, fried rice
      Desserts case
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Anh T.
      Anh T.
      San Jose, CA
      Aug 11, 2023

Came here on a Thursday for lunch with coworkers and there were a good amount of people here. The interior gives off diner vibes. Service was quick and friendly. The uncles who served us were so sweet!

They had a lot of items on the menu including pho, hot pot, family style dishes. I didn't know what to order so decided to copy my coworker and get the grilled shrimp & BBQ pork noodles. Being vietnamese and having tried this at multiple restaurants, this is definitely the best one i've had at a restaurant. The noodles had a good springy texture and didn't get soggy sitting in the fish sauce dip. BBQ pork was soft and seasoned so well. The shrimp were super jumbo - I think they were prawns? I did wish their fish sauce dip was a little saltier. It was watered down and not very fishy (this part might've been a good thing since i went back to work after this lol). Also I wish they'd use green lettuce instead of iceberg. Besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed this dish and it was the perfect portion!

I'd definitely come back here if I'm craving this dish and my mom won't make it lol

Grilled Shrimp And Bbq Pork Noodles (bún thịt nướng tôm)
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Helen H.
      Helen H.
      San Jose, CA
      Sep 3, 2023

The restaurant is just okay. It has nice and ample parking with modern exterior and interior design. There were some odd hints of politics from the selected framed photos.

The menu appeared diverse, but some of the items like the egg rolls and fried rice looked and tasted like fast food. The flavoring is off in terms of being authentic Vietnamese. It leans more Chinese in terms of actual food. I tried the ginger chicken, and thought the portion was small. The side salad came with a bland vinegar sugar dressing. The water was not refilled and there was not enough utensils set for a reservation that I called to schedule ahead of time.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Madison M.
      Madison M.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 3, 2024
      3 check-ins

What's not to recommend about Khanh's? I've been coming here for about 5 years now and it's always SO GOOD. I'm especially a fan of the pork and shrimp vermicelli noodle salad. I always look forward to returning.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Fran R.
      Fran R.
      Milpitas, CA
      Nov 21, 2023

Khanh's was recommended to us by a dear friend who told us it was a 'can't miss!' In the center of Campbell. It's a blink and you'll miss it location that is larger that the outside makes it appear to be.

We made reservations for a Friday and ended up being in the center of all the action. Khanh's gets BUSY! But don't let that stop you from trying this amazing spot - it just speaks volumes of the quality, freshness, and flavor offered by this restaurant that's been in the biz for decades.

This restaurant serves something for everyone - vegetarians, vegans, meat eaters - it's a perfect spot for all diets. Being a vegetarian with a gluten free dominant diet makes it tough to find a great, filling, option that will feed the rest of the family something they'll love too. I was so pleased with the options for vegetarians/vegans. There was so much to choose from but I opted for the vegetable platter with steamed rice on the side. It was fresh, warm, filling, and had a nice seasoning to it as well.

The rest of our group ordered from the meat dishes and we had family style which made it easy for everyone to share and enjoy. The staff here is really kind and offers great suggestions, you get a cozy feeling with an upscale flavor and taste. The ambiance here is great and it was a fun and busy night. I highly recommend coming here for the amazing dishes and flavor that attests to its multi-decade long run in Campbell.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sonia N.
      Sonia N.
      San Jose, CA
      May 25, 2023

It's always promising to see a separate vegetarian menu, but unfortunately this one fell really flat.

On the positive side, the interior of the restaurant was nice and spacious. It was clean and felt a bit more elevated than your average strip mall spot (this was a stand-alone building with its own parking lot).

We ordered the fresh rolls, egg rolls, tofu and vegetables with noodles, and lemongrass tofu.

The fresh rolls were fine, nothing particularly special about them. The egg rolls were the best thing we ate, as the lettuce wrap with mint really kicked it up a notch. We ordered the noodle dish thinking it would come with rice noodles, but we got egg noodles. We try to avoid egg, so that was a bummer. Wish they had asked for our preference. The lemongrass tofu was the most disappointing of all. Just tofu, no veggies (except onion), but it tasted like the tofu was overly marinated in soy sauce. The saltiness was overwhelming and there was very little lemongrass flavor.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1

62 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    GAO’s Kabob & Crab
    4.0 (167 reviews)

Melanie L. said"Gao's is one of the few late-night spots in the East Bay that stay open until 2am every day. They're located in a plaza with plenty of parking in the lot. The restaurant front looks pretty unassuming and dark, but once you walk in…"read more

in Seafood, Beer Bar, Kebab

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
    4.0 (3.5k reviews)

3.9 miles away from Khanh's Restaurant

Charmaine P. said"Came by around 10:50am, first off the server took like 5-8 mins to approach us to ask for our drinks, then after that he took our order, a lady approached us and gave us a complementary appetizer since its our first time, and asked…"read more

in Comfort Food, Burgers, New American

Collections Including Khanh's Restaurant

People Also Viewed