Seorai Korean bbq

Claimed
    Korean, Barbeque, Asian Fusion
    Closed11:30 AM - 2:15 PM, 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Next day)

Menu

Popular dishes

People also searched for

Location & Hours

Mon

• 11:30 AM - 2:15 PM

• 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Next day)

Tue

Wed

Thu

Closed now

Fri

• 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM (Next day)

Sat

• 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM (Next day)

Sun

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Benihana
    3.0 (2.2k reviews)

2.4 miles away from Seorai Korean bbq

Patrick R. said"The only reason I don't give this place 5 stars is because I can't afford to go here often enough. My girlfriend absolutely loves coming here and I don't blame her. The food is amazing, the show that these guys put on to make the…"read more

in Teppanyaki, Sushi Bars, Japanese

Kura Revolving Sushi Bar
    3.5 (2.6k reviews)

2.5 miles away from Seorai Korean bbq

Venus L. said"I've been here twice now and honestly, the first time I came here was on a Monday afternoon. The best time to come probably since my group only ended up waiting about 10 minutes. Second time.. 6pm on a Sunday night - 3 hour wait. I…"read more

in Sushi Bars, Conveyor Belt Sushi, Japanese

Amenities and More

About the Business

Good times calls for good people and good vibes, and how can that possibly happen without good food and good drinks? Seo Rai is THE SPOT in the Bay Area to hangout with friends while dining on premium KBBQ items with the best casual and friendly experience!

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do we have to call in for reservations?

A:

I walked in. But if a wait, but reservation wasn't necessary. Not sure they take reservations or not.

Owen D. 
      1 year ago
    • Q:

Is this good for large parties? Between 20-25 pp?

A:

Yes

Mango M. 
      9 months ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Seorai Korean bbq

Overall rating

423 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Sergio H.
      Sergio H.
      CA, CA
      Mar 20, 2024

Fast service, delicious food.

Relaxed atmosphere, roomy tables.

Portions are a good size

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Derek C.
      Derek C.
      Hayward, CA
      May 3, 2024

Down the street from 10butchers, not as high end as that place but also a bit cheaper as well. A waiter will be with you at all times to cook for you. A little bit Smokey but the food was great. A tight but cozy place, bright and full of life. We got the beef combo with steamed egg and seafood pancake. Also came with various side dishes that complement the meat really well. Off to the food review!

4/5 - Beef combo - the brisket and chuck flap was off the charts good however the last meat which was marinated was not up the standard. Sadly I expected a more grilled or tenderness from it, but with how much marination it came it, the waiter was just cooking it in the marinated which became more of a stewed meat. Just chewy and not much flavor

5/5 -Steamed egg - My first thought was there is KO way any steamed egg is worth this price. I was pleasantly surprised with the soufflé size egg bowl with roe on top. Soft, and fluffy goodness that is worth every penny

3.8/5 - Seafood pancake - This was nicely fried and crispy with some seafood and onions in it. I've had better ones else where but this still hits the spot if you are craving one

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Melissa V.
      Apr 25, 2024

My birthday dinner was planned here and they crammed such a large party in a small space. we barely had room to eat... also the meat seemed so chewy! Even if we cooked it at the right timing for everything.
      The servers seemed attentive at first and then disappeared after a while and we kept needing them.
      I had a good time with friends and family but we probably would choose a different restaurant for a large party next time. Large parties are a challenge, so thank you to this place for having us!! we just wish there was an option for higher quality meat.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Renny T.
      Renny T.
      West Alameda, Alameda, CA
      Apr 23, 2024

Wanted to do KBBQ AYCE before my surgery and though, we couldn't find an AYCE place, we found Seorai. They do have BBQ options but those are not the AYCE.

We tried their lunch special combos; LA Galbi and Pork Cutlet with tofu soups. Came out beautifully! What a feast! The soups were delicious! The LA Galbi was yummy as usual but nothing really outstanding.
      Pork Cutlet with the curry sauce tasted good, sis said. I don't eat pork so i don't know what to exactly say but it looked good!
      We ordered spicy buckwheat noodles on the side for sharing and honestly, it was blah! I would say that they should pay more attention to the dressing!

Their side dishes are bomb! They tasted fresh and deli! Also, it's unlimited! What a steal! Hehe. (it is unlimited but remember to be friendly to the business, my friends!)

Service was kind and welcoming!

Definitely, on the pricy side but worth trying! You wouldn't regret!

Ambiance is spacious and clean!

I will come back if i happen to be in Santa Clara once again!

LA Galbi, Mushroom tofu soup
      Banchan
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Otto L.
      Otto L.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 17, 2024
      1 check-in

Make a reservation ahead of time. You will thank me later! Too much gaming by joining the wait list ahead of time. They are never accurate and you could miss your time if your table is ready ahead of the estimated time.

They grill the meat for you. They also change the metal grill pan for different type of meat!

Beef combo: 4.5/5. It is not enough for 3 adults. I would recommend to order something else on the side. The beef was very tender. The stew had quite a lot of beef in it too!

Seafood pancake: 3/5. A lot of seafood, but the pancakes were not crispy enough.

Overall, it is a great place for Korean BBQ. We were limited to 1.5 hours.

Helpful 3
      Thanks 2
      Love this 2
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Ann M.
      Ann M.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Feb 10, 2024

Sooo good! I've been wanting to come here for awhile. I went to another Korean bbq restaurant that cooked for us and the meat wasn't the best. It was a hype for sure, but let me focus on Seorai. The meat was delicious. We chose to pick our meats because the combo options seemed too much. I am glad we got chose two meats because it was just enough and we took some home. It was fulfilling and tasty. It is a little higher in price but worth every penny. Also, we got soju and it was in a pineapple. There was a lot and it seemed never ending. We kept scooping. No complaints at all. The drink was perfect, not too sweet. The way I like it.

The servers cook your meat to the side and does it really quickly. I enjoy that they do that so I can enjoy my partner. I enjoy our date nights when we can do it. It wasn't too loud either so we could hear ourselves. Lastly, there is a bell you can press to get the servers' attention.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 3
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lisa H.
      Lisa H.
      Millbrae, CA
      Apr 14, 2024
      Seated via Yelp Reservations
      2 check-ins

Favorite Korean bbq in the Bay Area. So glad I found Seorai. I've been twice now and both times were perfect. Their marinaded galbi in bone is so tender and marinaded just right. Their pork belly is thick and the slight char makes every bite more delicious. Their meats are fresh and they cook for you, so you can just enjoy the food and plentiful banchans. Service is fast. Ventilation is good. Their kimchi pancake is so good! They even have a good mix of sakes, sojus and soju cocktails. Anyway, this is now my go to even if I have to drive 40 minutes.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cailey A.
      Cailey A.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 21, 2024

I came here on a date night and had a great experience! The restaurant is tucked into a large plaza within Santa Clara's K-Town. Seorai is a lively restaurant with a lot of open seating and many large parties. The servers were extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful.

As soon as I sat down, our server swiftly brought out the banchan. Usually banchan are very small plates. However, I enjoyed the portion sizes that this restaurant gives out. They definitely do not skimp! Not to mention, they will continuously refill any that are running low throughout the meal.

As an appetizer, we ordered the seafood pancake and the corn cheese. The seafood pancake was large and crispy on the outside. The inside was hot, slightly chewy from the rice flour and filled generously with scallions and an assortment of oysters, clams, shrimp, and squid. It was delicious on a cold night! The corn cheese came out piping hot on a small cast iron platter. It went well with the banchan and meats.

For the grill, we ordered the Beef Combo. The beef combo consisted of beef brisket, beef flap, and marinated galbi. Our server was very thoughtful when it came to grilling the meats. She kindly told us to sit farther in before starting the grill to make sure we wouldn't be hit by any fumes or flames. She made sure to place the meats on the outer edges and always told us when the meats were done or if they needed a few more minutes. She also made friendly conversation with my boyfriend and I while she was cooking. All of these small details just made the dinner more special. All the meats had great flavor. The only one I didn't care for as much was the beef flap-- it was on the tough side.

I left the restaurant feeling very full and happy with my experience. Next time I will come back with a larger group and enjoy more of their dishes!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Wendy T.
      Wendy T.
      San Diego, CA
      Feb 21, 2024
      1 check-in

Super yummy!! Quick service. Good venting system. Clean. Free parking lot available.

We ordered the beef combo, spicy rice cakes, and sizzling corn cheese. You can definitely taste the quality of the meat and they are well portioned. They cook and distribute the meat for you. The grill was changed between every item. The marinated galbi pieces were my favorite. Everything was good/amazing.

Would come back and recommend to others!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jacqueline Z.
      Jacqueline Z.
      Mountain View, CA
      Feb 3, 2024

I have been to Seorai twice: once as a party of 2 and once as a party of 9. You can make a reservation ahead of time or join the Yelp waitlist for smaller parties. When I went with my party of 9, we walked in right at 5 PM when they opened and got a table easily.

I have had the beef combo and the pork combo and would recommend either if you don't want to choose which meats you want. The galbi was my favorite from the beef combo and pork jowl from the pork combo. You also get a choice of soybean soup or kimchi stew with the convo; I prefer the kimchi stew.

On top of the combos, I have also tried:
      - Corn Cheese (3.5/5): A bit on the sweeter side. Not bad but portion felt small since it's a thin layer of corn.
      - Kimchi Pancake (4/5): Pretty good and crispy on the outside. A bit soft on the inside but that's to be expected since kimchi is a bit watery. Good portion to split with a big party.
      - K-Army Stew (4/5): I'd say it's pretty hard to mess this one up. You do get a good serving size with ramen, spam, and sausage but was not worth the price.

I have also gotten the Forbidden Fruit cocktail the first time I went, which was a strawberry yakult soju cocktail. It was really good and fruity but I don't think they sell it here anymore because I didn't see it on the menu.

Banchan here is good. They have japchae and rice paper as side dishes, which were nice alternatives for rice (which you have to pay extra for). Also, I prefer rice paper over rice for KBBQ, so an extra win in the books for me!

Dipping sauces are pretty basic: a bean sauce and sesame and salt sauce.

Service is decent here. They cook the meat for you. The first time I came as a party of 2, the server disappeared while looking the galbi and it almost was over cooked (we started cooking it ourselves). The second time felt more attentive but honestly wasn't paying too much attention since it was a bigger group of people.

Overall, the food was good, but just a bit pricey and expensive.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

19 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Halal gyro express
    4.0 (166 reviews)

3.7 miles away from Seorai Korean bbq

Sean N. said"FIVE STARS. Wow how have i not tried this place before. Such good food, portions and spice I'm getting excited just thinking about it and I have half the meal in front of me yet to eat. Thats how stoked I am I literally stopped…"read more

in Kebab, Mediterranean, Halal

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
    4.0 (3.5k reviews)

2.5 miles away from Seorai Korean bbq

Charmaine P. said"Came by around 10:50am, first off the server took like 5-8 mins to approach us to ask for our drinks, then after that he took our order, a lady approached us and gave us a complementary appetizer since its our first time, and asked…"read more

in Burgers, Comfort Food, New American

Collections Including Seorai Korean bbq

People Also Viewed