Telefèric Barcelona - Los Gatos

Claimed
    $$$ Spanish, Tapas Bars, Cocktail Bars
    Closed11:30 AM - 10:15 PM

Updates From This Business

Opening for lunch service!
    Opening for lunch service!

We're expanding our hours. Starting off this February, Teleferic Barcelona we will open for lunch service.

Menu

Popular dishes

People also searched for

Location & Hours

Map

50 University Ave

Ste B270

Los Gatos, CA 95030

Mon

• 11:30 AM - 9:15 PM

Tue

Wed

Thu

• 11:30 AM - 10:15 PM

Fri

• 11:30 AM - 10:15 PM

Closed now

Sat

• 11:00 AM - 11:15 PM

Sun

• 11:00 AM - 9:15 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Athena Grill
    4.0 (1.8k reviews)

Prachi S. said"My husband treated me to dinner at this place, last Friday. And I was not sure what to expect, considering its in the middle of an office area. I even told him that we would take food to go if it were empty. But, to my pleasant…"read more

in Mediterranean

Yas Restaurant
    4.0 (835 reviews)

5.6 miles away from Telefèric Barcelona - Los Gatos

Diane B. said"I'm always suspicious when I walk into a restaurant and only one table is seated; aren't we all? Also the staff doesn't look very middle eastern, again...wondering hmmm... Well no cause for alarm, because, with the exception of not…"read more

in Kebab, Persian/iranian, Mediterranean

Amenities and More

About the Business

Business owner information

Photo of Xavier and Maria P.

Xavier and Maria P.

Our business specializes in traditional Spanish Cuisine such as Tapas, Paellas and craft cocktails. To top it off, we offer a unique selection of Spanish wine references. If you visit us, delight yourself with our renowned Paella Negra, Jamón Ibérico, or our refreshing Sangrias.

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is there coffee on the menu?

A:

I believe in the desserts menu there is coffee.

Michelle S. 
      11 months ago 1 person found this helpful
    • Q:

Is it reservation only or do they take walk-ins?

A:

It's a large restaurant, particularly when they can use the outdoor seating, weather permitting. So, depending on the time of day ( I love that they are open all day!) you can easily do a walk-in.

Kevin M. 
      1 year ago 2 people found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Telefèric Barcelona - Los Gatos

Overall rating

828 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Raffie C.
      Raffie C.
      Saratoga, CA
      Apr 18, 2024

Delicious and great service. If you know the cuisine it's what you expect and more. If you haven't tried Spanish food the opportunity to try a little of this and that is a great way to get a taste of traditional and elevated dishes.
      Cocktails, beer, and wine are well curated. There is something for everyone!
      The team at this location is particularly well managed and attentive. A must eat & drink in Los Gatos.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Trina C.
      Trina C.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 29, 2024

I've been here twice now, once as part of a company event and once with family. Overall, I think the food is high quality and unique. I like the tapas concept although I think the tapas portions could be bigger for the price.

The highlights of the tapas were the jamon iberico, tuna tacos, crab croquettes, brussel sprouts, and octopus. The jamon is really good but was a bit salty the second time I came.

I wasn't a huge fan of the vegetable paella, think I didn't like the seaweed base. However, the drinks and dessert were both great. I liked the torrija over the churros.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Geno N.
      Geno N.
      Morgan Hill, CA
      Apr 28, 2024

I always love having bite size tapas.
      Empanadas are decent
      The octopus is my favorite
      Cauliflower
      Crab cakes

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Elena R.

Elena R.

• Photo of April G.
      April G.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 21, 2024

Made reservations for a Sunday evening to celebrate my husband's birthday. Once arriving, the hostess wished him a happy birthday and we were seated immediately.

Service was quick and friendly at the start of the meal but dropped off towards the end. Our waiter ended his shift mid meal and we were assigned another waiter. He was nice, but was not super attentive. He did not acknowledge my husband's birthday until I inquired if there was anything special they could do for him.

The food was for the most part very tasty. However I do not think the price point justified the portions provided. For example, the paella bombs were $6 each for a tiny deep fried arancino. It was supposed to be filled with shrimp bisque but it came separately in a syringe for us to inject. A fun concept, but the bisque gushed out of the sides.

The prime Wellington we ordered was $38 and was the size of a hot pocket and came with just three tiny potatoes. The jamon iberico ($29) did not come with any bread so we had to order pan con tomate ($9) on the side. The all seasons salad was basically the consistency of guacamole. My husband said he had ordered this same dish a few months ago and the texture was completely different. The table next to us ordered the same dish they did not finish it as well. The cocktails we ordered were pretty but just okay in flavor.

We ordered the Torrija for dessert. After our waiter brought out the dessert, he brought out a smaller portion of Torrija with a candle as the "birthday dessert". I appreciate the gesture but it seemed a little odd to have 2 portions of the same thing. We also noticed that they charged an automatic gratuity of 20% for a party of 2. We usually tip 20% anyways but I feel like that choice should be up to the customer.

I wish I could rate this restaurant higher, but after reflecting, I think a 3/5 is fair given our experience.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1

Photo of Elena R.

Elena R.

• Photo of Katie D.
      Katie D.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 11, 2024

The vibes here are immaculate. This modern Spanish restaurant is perfect for birthday dinners or a casual place to get drinks with friends.

I look forward to the drinks the most here! The cocktails are very creative with beautiful presentation. My favorites are the sangria barceloneta with cava (also has lemonade, raspberry, and rosemary flavors) and the rose drink. Others I came with ordered the gin and tonic and red sangria and they were all amazing. Such attention to detail.

Next, the food is high quality. My favorite tapas are the octopus and the crispy tuna tacos. I also tried the paella and skewers. Everything was seasoned well and perfectly balanced. Especially the octopus! Bonus points for food presentation as well.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Mira M.
      Mira M.
      Los Gatos, CA
      Apr 6, 2024

I have mixed feelings about this place! The tapas were wonderful but the paella was disappointing. I ordered the tuna tacos, patatas bravas, and the squid ink paella.

What worked:
      -- the potatoes were delicious and super creamy!
      -- there was a nice mix of seafood in the paella
      -- service was great and the space was lively but not too loud

What didn't work:
      -- the paella disappointed. I felt like there wasn't a lot of flavor, the rice seemed like it needed a little more time to cook, and there was no crispy rice at the bottom of the pan (disappointing!)

Overall, I'd come back for tapas, not for an entree or paella. I think this would be a great place if you want drinks and to try a variety of small dishes

Paella Negra
      Patatas Bravas
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Elena R.

Elena R.

• Photo of Tiffany T.
      Tiffany T.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 7, 2024
      1 check-in

Ordered: Crab Croqueta, Paella Negra, Barceloneta Sangria

To start, this restaurant's ambiance is very nice! You don't have to dress fancy, more casual than classy. Lights are pretty low, but each table kinda has its own spotlight.

We ordered the crab croquetas as our appetizer and it amazed me. Mashed potato and crab filling fried with a panko crust and topped with a slice of tuna and drizzled with some sort of garlic aioli. It was beautiful. Keep in mind though, the appetizer only comes in 2 pcs and they're pretty small, but definitely worth trying in my opinion!

We also ordered the Barceloneta Sangria. It was very pretty drink coming out (the bright pink shined under the restaurant lights), BUT I would recommend skipping this. It just tasted like sparkling water with a small hint of berry. Definitely not worth but it is pretty for pictures.

The paella negra was the last dish to come out (I think it took around 30-40 minutes so keep in mind that you should not order this if you're in a rush). This was a really good dish! Squid inked rice filled with octopus, scallop, clam and shrimp, it definitely had a good amount of seafood and the flavor was on point.

Overall, would love to come back here and try the other paella.

Crab Croquetas, Barceloneta Sangria
      Paella Negra - Medium   Serves 2
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of JENNIFER S.
      JENNIFER S.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 21, 2024

I'm saying this was average. Nothing amazing but decent food, atmosphere and service.

A Sunday lunch outing with my husband and grandson. No kid options, so we got him empanadas. He didn't care for it we had to force him to eat 1.5.

The chicken. empanada tasted a little like stew meat. Flavorful with unseasoned breading. A good size and the aioli was bland. Had a mayo texture and taste.

The best in flavor and texture was the All Season Salad. Delicious. Fresh and light. Perfect for the sunny day today. I would order this again and again. I could eat it without sharing too.

Patatas Bravas - I wasn't sure what to expected but disappointing. Tasted like country breakfast potatoes, drenched in sauce. I would not recommend. The white sauce again tasted like a creamy mayo and too much of it. The red sauce "bravas" was a bit better a super mild spice. Tasted like salsa roja. I'd say skip it. The potato was not crunchy and for some reason I expected a little crunch with all the sauce.

Pulpo Teleferic - octopus. Decent overall flavor. Tasted a little more like an ocean than I've had at other places. A little overcooked and rubbery. The potato purée was delicious but needed more of it to accompany each bite. The plate had a mild char flavor not sure where that came from. I would skip it for the price. The end tentacle was super hard. I left that on the plate after biting into it.

Kebab skewers (2). My husband wanted these. The price and quantity matched up. There was either peppers or tomato between meat chunks- yummy. The meat tasted good. It came with thin crispy flour chip like a crispy Nan with hummus. That was good a little oily. The meat were small like the size of a grape.

The brussel sprouts were cooked how we expected with a fried char. The aged cheese was creamy like Burrata cheese.

The crab croquetas were very good. The tuna was thinly sliced and not fishy. The inside of the croquet was creamy vs fluffy and the crab was delicate. Not sure what the crab was mixed with to be creamy.

My husband orders the sangria flight. All the cocktails were good. The spicy was biter at first in comparison to the sweet alternatives. He ended up ordering the sangria barconeleta as his favorite option. It was the middle ground from sweet to spicy.

I had the La Flaca and it was yummy and strong. I only needed 1. It came with a smoky bubble on top to make a well balanced cocktail.

My grandson was looking forward to the La Cookie. The first one came and was rock hard. Sent it back and a new one came and was good. The cookie bread was not sweet and it was filled with chocolate. The ice cream on top was about a table spoon size. The cookie is rich and we brought 1/2 home to our son who said it was delicious. I would rather have something else if I'm getting dessert.

The bill for that was $207 for lunch. We did not add extra tip because they had already added 20% gratuity (for table of 3).

The outdoor patio was cozy and comfortable with the great weather. We sat on the bench side with chairs. The bench is deep and may have been nice to have pillows. The shade was perfect so we did not get sun baked.

I walked away wishing I would have just ordered a paella. I will try the restaurant again for that.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Elena R.

Elena R.

• Photo of Tracy P.
      Tracy P.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 17, 2024

If you are looking for experiential dining featuring shared plates, then Teleferic Barcelona is a good choice. From the bubbling and churning cocktails and "smoking" oysters to their table-side injected Prime Wellington, this restaurant delivers on providing a unique and visually stunning experience. I went here with a party of six for my birthday dinner. The reasons they only get three stars (okay maybe three and a half) are as follows:
      1. My husband ordered a Paper Plane cocktail which they said they could make. When it came it was very clearly the wrong color. The waiter tried to tell us it was correct, but it was clearly missing the Amaro Nonino and/or Aperol. He brought a replacement that looked right but tasted horrible...they had substituted the Aperol and/or Amaro Nonino with Amaretto. When questioned they insisted it was correct, but finally admitted they did not have the Italian liqueur because they are a Spanish restaurant (What??). The bottom line...if you don't know how to make it or don't have the ingredients just say so and suggest an alternative.
      2. One of our guests has food sensitivities which he explained to the waiter upon sitting down. Basically, he did not receive much guidance from the waiter on best choices and when he did ask for any sauces with dairy to be served on the side they just placed everything on the table without explaining which items contained dairy. There was a certain degree of uncertainty that they understood or truly cared about his needs, so ultimately he ended up having to get up from the table to talk to someone to order a dish he knew would be safe.
      3. While overall the food was tasty and beautifully presented, I found many of the dishes to be under seasoned and a wee bit bland. We had the Artichoke Hearts, Patatas Bravas, Oysters, Ham Coquetas, Cali-Flower and All Season Salad to name a few.

The highlight of the meal was the Prime Wellington. This take on Beef Wellington is made with braised short ribs and Iberico ham and injected with a delicious sauce table-side. Side note: for some reason they asked how we would like it cooked even though it was not a piece of steak but a smooth mix of shredded short ribs and ham. This dish was a stunner and I would absolutely order it again. The other highlights of the meal were the Pan Con Tomate and Jamon Iberico de Bellota which I recommend ordering and eating together.

In summary, this can be a really fun place to experience with friends, but the food and service is hit or miss. I would definitely go back for their signature cocktails and the Prime Wellington.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1

Photo of Elena R.

Elena R.

• Photo of Simran S.
      Simran S.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 29, 2024

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Teleferic not just once, but twice, and both experiences were absolutely amazing.

Let's start with the drinks. Teleferic offers a unique selection of beverages that truly stand out. Each sip was a refreshing burst of flavor that left me wanting more. One drink that particularly impressed me was the mare and tonic. Its smooth and delightful taste made it an instant favorite. Sitting at the bar was an experience in itself and added an extra layer of enjoyment to our evening.

Now, let's talk about the food. The paella and vegetables at Teleferic were nothing short of perfection. The paella had just the right amount of socarrat, and the vegetables were fresh and bursting with taste.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

67 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Poke House
    3.5 (410 reviews)

6.4 miles away from Telefèric Barcelona - Los Gatos

Ernesto U. said"I don't know what good poke is but I would know if it were bad. What I can say that is definitely good about this place is that it is a good bang for your buck. The small bowl comes with two scoops your choice of protein, but that…"read more

in Seafood, Poke, Hawaiian

Halal gyro express
    4.0 (166 reviews)

F D. said"When I first heard this place was opening up, I was thrilled! We're limited on our halal options is this part of town. At first, the quality wasn't where it should have been. I had a bad experience with one of my orders but came…"read more

in Mediterranean, Halal, Kebab

Collections Including Telefèric Barcelona - Los Gatos

People Also Viewed