Sun

• 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM

• 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Athena Grill
    4.0 (1.8k reviews)

4.4 miles away from Daeho Kalbi Jjim & Beef Soup

Prachi S. said"My husband treated me to dinner at this place, last Friday. And I was not sure what to expect, considering its in the middle of an office area. I even told him that we would take food to go if it were empty. But, to my pleasant…"read more

in Mediterranean

Happy Lamb Hot Pot
    4.0 (512 reviews)

Bryan X. said"Came with 4 people and ended up paying ~$15/person and left not completely full. I guess it's also about the experience of hanging out with friends and cooking food together. Ordered chrysanthemum tea to go with the meal. The tea…"read more

in Hot Pot, Mongolian, Chinese

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is MSG used in the kalbi jjim? We have an allergy in our party.

A:

Are they also allergic to salt and pepper?

Droid I. 
      4 months ago 4 people found this helpful
    • Q:

What can be the biggest party size?

A:

Not sure, but we went with a party of 8

Karen Y. 
      2 years ago 2 people found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Daeho Kalbi Jjim & Beef Soup

Overall rating

1211 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Natalie C.
      Natalie C.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      May 6, 2024

A classic Kalbi Jim spot that gets super busy with packed lines around peak dinner times. Food is your typical ~$90 for a big portion of kalbi jim and extras for all the regular toppings (IIRC it was $5 each for glass noodles/rice cakes and $6 each for cheese/veggies). Good to split between 3-4 people and each dish comes with 2-3 sides of rice depending on the size you get.

They also have a decent Japchae and a veggie bibimbap (that you can add cheese to!) - both were surprisingly good! Service was okay - the servers are really busy running around during meal times and they ask you to order outside while you're waiting to help expedite the food coming out.

The interior is relatively small but they're flexible with table arrangements to accommodate all party sizes but be prepared for a wait unless you come early!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Benjamin T.
      May 4, 2024

Daeho is the best reference point for Kalbi Jjim in the Bay Area.

Known for their Kalbi Jjim with Cheese that they heat up on your table, the combination of tenderized beef and a nice cheese pull gives you a fantastic dining experience.

For tables of 3-4 ppl the Kalbi Jjim (Large) is recommended alongside a beef soup to help you take a break from all the immersive flavors.

Their side dishes are also solid but just be careful as their kimchi is on the spicier side.

Please note the milpitas location is always super packed at peak hours and you may have to wait 45-60mins but use the yelp waitlist/check in for reference.

Becuz it takes a while to make ur Kalbi Jjim they will ask for your order in line so that you don't wait for ur food for too long.

Highly recommend!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lauren T.
      Lauren T.
      Mountain View, CA
      Apr 27, 2024
      Updated review

I love the Kalbijim here!! It's always delicious, especially with cheese on top.

The staff here are also very nice and still seated us past 9 pm. They even gave us extra rice in our togo box for free!

Will keep coming back for the food and service.

Galbijim
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Sep 28, 2022Previous review
    • Photo of Ter L.
      Ter L.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 25, 2024
      1 check-in

When I think of Korean food, the primary thing that comes to mind is KBBQ. Who knew something as amazing as Kalbi Jjim existed?? TY to my BIL & his gf for putting me on game.

For starter, what is kalbi jjim? This specific Korean dish is made by steaming or boiling your choice of marinated protein in a flavorful sauce or soup. If the restaurant's name wasn't already a dead giveaway, DAEHO KALBIJJIM specializes in beef.

While there are quite a few beefy offerings, our party of two decided to go with the Doh Gal Jjim [beef rib w/ ox tendon and cartilage]. This meal is available in regular or large size and comes with 4 different banchan & 2 servings of rice [choice of purple or white]. These jjim dishes are made to your liking- spice level is customized by NOT SPICY, MILD, MEDIUM, or SPICY. Toppings are available for additional costs to round out the meal.

I initially wanted to go with medium spice, which involves jalapeños, but went with mild because I wanted to enjoy the flavors as is & avoiding the chance of the peppers being overpowering. Adding thick glass noodles was a must.

Food:
      Banchan was good but essentially tasted very similar to one another. They all happened to be spicy, nothing remotely pickled in a tart kinda way which would have been nice IMO. At $84 [pre add-on fees for the toppings], the portion provided is hefty. The beef ribs were succulent, servings were generous, and the regular size portion could easily feed more than the estimated 2-3 persons. Flavors were AMAZING- mild spice level left a nice lingering heat that complimented the sweet broth. Veggies found in the meal consisted of carrots, daikon, and potatoes- all tender with a nice coating of the hearty broth.

5/5 stars. Food was great and the customer service provided from Amy was even better. She may be a woman of few words but her genuineness to help speaks volumes. Amy was prompt, friendly, and so accommodating. Thank you for such a wonderful meal and 1st visit, DAEHO.

Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 5
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kathleen L.
      Apr 17, 2024
      1 check-in

Daeho has always been on my bookmarks. Went here on a Saturday for my brother's birthday and joined the Yelp waitlist around 4:45pm. We were seated around 5:30pm or so. Honestly, it is best to eat here when they open for a shorter wait time. While you are waiting for your table, the host will take your order if you are ready so when you are seated, the food will be ready.

We ordered the Kalbi Jjim (braised short rib) without cheese and the Kalbi Tang (beef soup). The selection of banchan was ok. They had kimchi, radish kimchi, chives kimchi, pickled onion/peppers and fresh green onions. I enjoyed both dishes! The beef was so tender in both dishes and both were flavorful. The Kalbi Jjim was soooo good. I definitely want to try it with the cheese next time. My brother suggested trying it without the cheese first. There was 5 of us eating the two dishes and we still had leftovers. So, very filling BUT be ready to spend some moneeeeey.

I am definitely coming back and trying the cheese on top of the Kalbi Jjim.

Kalbijj 01. Braised Short Rib without cheese and Kalbi Tang
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Elliana T.
      Apr 16, 2024
      Updated review

Came here on a Monday night and the yelp waitlist was only a 10 minute wait! The inside is spacious and has quite a few tables. We were seated quickly and placed our order before we sat down. We probably only waited about 10 minutes for the food.
      We got the galbi jjim with cheese and purple rice. The sauce is savory, sweet, and spicy. We had a lot of meat and it was super tender. My favorite part are the rice cakes! Im giving it 5 stars this time because there were a lot more rice cakes than the first time I ate here. Definitely worth the wait!

01. Braised Short Rib ()
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Jan 8, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Felix D.
      Felix D.
      Fremont, CA
      May 3, 2024

Tried the Milpitas location of Daeho and did not disappoint. Joined the waitlist earlier to avoid waiting and was seated in about 10-15 minutes. Banchan solid. Japchae solid. Kalbijjim solid. All the food was delicious, staff was friendly and accommodating, and a great time. A special thanks to one of the staff who gave us a good amount of banchan with our leftovers! :') Will definitely be back soon!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jenny C.
      Jenny C.
      Sacramento, CA
      Mar 13, 2024

Daeho is my boyfriend and I's go-to restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries, when friends are in town, when we are craving a hearty dinner with lots of leftovers.

We get the Kalbijjim medium spice, with extra cheese and rice cake! Absolutely worth the extra money to get the cheese and rice cake, those are my favorite parts. Their food is delicious and service is impeccable.

The banchan is ok, I like the spicy chives. Kimchi is not my favorite, but it pairs well with the purple rice!

If you're coming here with 2-3 people, you will probably still have leftovers since it's a large family portion. We go as a pair of 2 and we have TONS of leftovers! Extra bonus they pack AND seal your leftovers for you-- the flavor holds up very well overnight too.

I recommend coming right as they open at 4:30PM or coming on a weekday to skip the wait. JOIN THE YELP WAITLIST BEFORE COMING!! The line can get looonggg.

Overall, I cannot recommend Daeho enough. Will continue to come back again and again with friends and family.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 2
      Love this 3
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kim T.
      Kim T.
      Newark, CA
      Apr 1, 2024

The line here is always long and the interior is a little small, so be sure to get here earlier! They also have a couple other locations in San Mateo and SF.
            
      Their menu is limited because they specialize in galbi jjim and beef soup. We got the braised beef rib with cheese added on top which they blowtorch for you. You can also choose the level of spiciness. We shared this with a total of three friends, but we still couldn't finish so the portion is big! It also comes with a bunch of side dishes (banchan) and purple rice. It's definitely a fun and yummy experience to share with friends!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Ron P.
      Ron P.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Mar 17, 2024

Can never miss with Daeho. The wait was about an hour for dinner on Saturday, but with Daeho cravings the wait time wasn't stopping us.

Got seated just about an hour after joining the waitlist and ordered the medium-spicy regular-sized galbijjim with cheese topping added. Delicious as ever and their kimchi was so good too!

A nice extra touch of service when we took the rest of our galbijjim in a to-go box and they packed extra banchan and rice for us as well! Loved it!

Galbijjim
      Banchan
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

54 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    GAO’s Kabob & Crab
    4.0 (164 reviews)

1.8 miles away from Daeho Kalbi Jjim & Beef Soup

Melanie L. said"Gao's is one of the few late-night spots in the East Bay that stay open until 2am every day. They're located in a plaza with plenty of parking in the lot. The restaurant front looks pretty unassuming and dark, but once you walk in…"read more

in Beer Bar, Seafood, Kebab

Jollibee
    3.0 (573 reviews)

1.1 miles away from Daeho Kalbi Jjim & Beef Soup

Dorothy F. said"Know before you go: Jollibee employees move at snail's pace. There could be a crowd out the door ( usually is) and easily 5 minutes will pass from placing your order to getting your receipt. I know, b/c it's like this at every…"read more

in Fast Food, Chicken Shop

Collections Including Daeho Kalbi Jjim & Beef Soup

People Also Viewed