Sat

• 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM

Sun

• 9:30 AM - 9:00 PM

Other Mexican Nearby

Sponsored
    Chevys Fresh Mex
    3.5 (1.1k reviews)

Louisa D. said"I just had to wright this review. I have never seen someone work so hard. My husband and I went out to Chevys on a Friday night much needed after a long stressful week at work. We sat at the bar for happy hour due to there being…"read more

in Breakfast & Brunch, Mexican, Seafood

La Paloma
    4.0 (139 reviews)

Claire J. said"Been to this place a few times when I visit my plant shop nearby. On Saturdays when we come here, this place is busy and it seems like we're usually the only non Spanish speakers which for us is a good sign. We've always gotten our…"read more

in Mexican

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

Got a question about Taqueria Tres Amigos? Ask the Yelp community!

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Taqueria Tres Amigos

Overall rating

503 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Alex H.
      Alex H.
      Oakland, CA
      Apr 23, 2024
      1 check-in

The asada quesadilla and burritos are super good. I really enjoy the food here. The service is friendly and fast. I think their quac salsa is a bit spicy.. but still good. The ambiance is open and clean.

I will return, I definitely recommend.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Alayna K.
      Alayna K.
      Palo Alto, CA
      Mar 29, 2024

Solid spot. Their shrimp tacos were pretty good, the shrimp was super plump and cooked well! The rest of the taco was just onion and an interesting sauce -- wish they added a little more flavor bc it was dry.

They have a nice chip and salsa bar and the person that took our order was super friendly.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sunshinethu ..
      Sunshinethu ..
      Alum Rock, San Jose, CA
      Mar 8, 2024

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant on the coast. The food is always good and served promptly. The service is quick and the restaurant is very clean.
      They are easy going and have no problem with substitutions either.
      The burrito, shrimp cocktail, nachos, and quesadilla are all wonderful and highly recommended

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Eric C.
      Eric C.
      Burlingame, CA
      Apr 28, 2024
      Updated review

I'm a regular, but today had an a la carte chile relleno, small rice and small refried beans. Very good chile, not overcooked, not too much breading.

When the order came, I asked the server if those were really the small orders of rice and beans! I took enough rice and beans home with me for another meal.

Easy access t and from Hiway 1, lots of parking, clean and fast service. Good chips and a number of salsas.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Mar 11, 2017Previous review
    • Photo of Nathan H.
      Nathan H.
      Lafayette, CA
      Apr 16, 2024

The service was phenomenal... but good service can't save the most important part of a restaurant, the food. I was surprised by how fast the food came out after my family ordered our meals. The portions are extremely large but the chips lacked salt along with everyone's orders. Our meals had no seasoning which was the reason why the rating in the meal portion is so low.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Erica I.
      Erica I.
      Southeast, Paradise, NV
      Apr 2, 2024
      1 check-in

I enjoyed visiting this location for the 1st time. We opted for dining outside since it was a nice day. I ordered a taco plate and carne asada taco. The service was quick and food was great. They have great prices.

Signage
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cayla A.
      Cayla A.
      San Jose, CA
      Dec 17, 2023

Long line. Pretty chaotic environment. Came on a saturday afternoon. Seat yourself.

Free chips, sauce, toppings bar on the side.

Carne Asada Burrito: delicious. Nothing too special but not bad.

6/10 would get again if in area.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Gema B.
      Gema B.
      Burlingame, CA
      Jul 31, 2023

Location is great!!!

Staff was very kind and welcoming

Truth be told I am in love with their baby super burrito!

I ordered a grilled chicken no beans no pico with green salsa that I just can't have enough of. It is so delicious Not too spicy Just so tasty!

All in all 5 stars I would give more if I could

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cathy C.
      Cathy C.
      San Jose, CA
      Jun 30, 2023

We are frequently in the area and simply love this restaurant... I particularly can't find any other place that serves the BEST chilliquiles in the bay area and the prices are not inflated. The staff is lovely and you always get a huge portion of food. When you are here you feel like family.

Salsa bar
      Chilliquilles
      Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Ashley H.
      Ashley H.
      Gardnerville, NV
      Jul 18, 2023

Not as good as I remember. We used to go here pretty often 10+ years ago so we decided to try it while we were in town. I got the special which was a burrito with shrimp and Diabla sauce and then diabla sauce on top. The shrimp was good but the diabla sauce tasted like ketchup mixed with some hot sauce. My husband got a supper burrito but the meat did not have a lot of flavor. The staff was friendly, service was quick, and location was clean. Parking is still complicated many years later. They just don't have enough space though and people aren't very respectful.

Outside
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

43 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    La Nueva Perla
    4.0 (242 reviews)

Claudia L. said"Let's start with the fact that there are NEW OWNERS. That means, now they accept credit cards. Don't be fooled by the previous post! Delicious mexican food. I asked for my huevos rancheros, like I had them at "liberty cafe." Which…"read more

in Mexican

Pacific Catch
    3.5 (1k reviews)

Manisha S. said"I was really pleasantly surprised when after my last yelp review, I quickly heard from the manager via yelp who apologized and sent me a voucher for a free appetizer and entree. I thought this was really nice and it was so prompt.…"read more

in Seafood

Collections Including Taqueria Tres Amigos

People Also Viewed