Sat

• 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Sun

• 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    AronHill Vineyards
    4.0 (266 reviews)

Donna B. said"We had never heard of this place, but wanted to try something new. Boy, are we glad we chose to stop here! First of all this place is entirely woman owned and woman run. The winemaker is female and her daughter runs the tasting…"read more

in Wine Tasting Room, American

The Habit Burger Grill
    3.5 (275 reviews)

Kyle N. said"I come here all the time, but this will be the first time I will write a review about it. And let me tell you: the habit is high quality fast food. you could spend the same amount of money at mcdonalds or carl's jr and the burger…"read more

in Salad, Sandwiches, Burgers

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do we need reservations?

A:

No, it's super casual, patio dining and ordering food at a counter. First come, first serve. Dress warmly since the patio is on the dock.

Ralph M. 
      2 years ago
    • Q:

Are there long waits during lunch? Is it ok to go without reservations?

A:

It's a very popular place to eat for tourists and locals as well so it does get busy however lines move fast. It is also a very laid back joint so no reservations needed. Highly recommended.

Jennifer S. 
      4 years ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Tognazzini's Dockside Too

Overall rating

697 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of David L.
      David L.
      Oakland, CA
      Mar 22, 2024

I go here every time I pass through Morro Bay, which is pretty often. They have a pier-like wood patio with dog leash connections.

It's right in front of the big rock and the food is excellent. There are about eight different kinds of fish tacos and the one called "fusion" is the taco of the gods.

Excellent chowder and other menu items as well. Haven't had anything bad here.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jennifer S.
      Jennifer S.
      Yosemite Valley, CA
      Jan 27, 2024

Last time we were in Morro Bay, my cousin and I had dined at Tognazzini's Dockside, and had a great experience, which you can read about here: http://tinyurl.com/mtsjfh42

This time, we decided to try Dockside Too, and see how it compared to its older sibling.

Having expected Dockside Too to be in a different neighborhood, we were surprised to find that it was actually just next door. Dockside Too is literally right behind the original Tognazzini's, between it and the bay.

So, technically, Dockside Too is actually more "dockside" than the original, with even better views of Morro Rock and the jetty.

As compared to the original Tognazzini's, the Dockside Too menu is far more focused on fish. According to the restaurant website, the full name is actually Dockside Too Fish Market.

While the original Tognazzini's menu is more reminiscent of full service fine dining, Dockside Too is more like a fish & chips fast food joint.

We ordered our food at the counter inside the restaurant, paid, and then went outside to save a table. We were in luck, because, just as we walked outside, the best table was vacated, and no one else was waiting for it.

My cousin and I sat ourselves on either side of the table, right next to the water, while my cousin's local friend (who came down to eat with us) sat facing the bay.

All of us ordered fish and chips. My cousin and I split the five piece for $21, while her friend ordered the $16 three piece. There was a halibut option for $25 each, but we figured the regular fresh fish from the bay would be delicious enough.

Man, I wished we had ordered the halibut. This fish was overcooked to the point of being a little chewy, was not appetizing, and was difficult to enjoy without copious amounts of lemon juice.

Based on the location alone, I would have given this restaurant five stars, but, unfortunately, the fish was not that great.

I was only able to eat about one and a half pieces of fish before telling my cousin to polish off the rest. I filled up mostly on French fries (which were delicious) and Mexican Coke.

While we were eating, a seagull landed on the fence next to us to beg. My view was: chewy fish, chips, seagull, bay, jetty. On top of that, a live band was playing. We could not have asked for better ambiance.

Overall, I loved everything about Dockside Too EXCEPT the fried fish.

Next time I'm in this bay area, I might come back anyway, just to see if the halibut is worth the extra $9 per serving. (I have a feeling that it might be.)

Helpful 9
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kathy N.
      Nov 22, 2023

Good seafood tacos. I liked the generous grilled shrimp better than the the salmon, which I thought was a little overpowering for a taco. For any other dish, I would love salmon with that much flavor. The sauce had a nice, Chipotle-style kick without being hot.

We ate on the deck at sunset (no inside seating at this location), where dogs are welcome and they even provide short, attached leashes by the tables. There was live guitar-vocal music of classic rock/pop, which was our era so especially enjoyable.

A good casual option, reasonably priced for seafood.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Bianca V.
      Apr 26, 2024

5 stars for view, food was 3.5 stars. Good oysters. Felt a bit pricey but was worth it to enjoy a beer, some fried seafood, oysters on the half shell, and clam chowder while otters also enjoy their dinner in the water below

Otters in morro bay!
      $85 (not pictured the cup of clam chowder)
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sophie A.
      Mar 27, 2024

We ordered oysters on the half shell but beware. The prices in the deli case are not the same to order for dining in or out. Oysters are $3 each. We ordered a side of fries and they were both good. Great place to sit and have good food with a view.

Raw oysters and fries overlooking the rock 3/27/2024
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Angela D.
      Angela D.
      Thousand Oaks, CA
      Jan 18, 2024
      Updated review

I came back again to see if the claim chowder was back to the standard that I've come to love and it sure delivered. Thick and hearty clam chowder from my favorite place. This time it did not disappoint so I'm happy but I was cautious before placing my order because the past few times it was horrible. The smartest thing I did was asked for a sample before making my purchase. It was not sour, tasted fresh, and had all the familiar notes I was used to. Now that it's good, I'll still keep this place in the rotation and update my review.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
      Sep 2, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Victor C.
      Victor C.
      Clovis, CA
      May 8, 2024

Great place for food. And they are very dog friendly!!!!! Our dogs love the place. Next to the water and very nice.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sean K.
      Sean K.
      New York, NY
      Dec 17, 2023

Quick service and reasonably tasty food, but both my brother and I got food poisoning from the raw oysters. Really put a damper on the tail end of our roadtrip .

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cynthia G.
      Cynthia G.
      West Covina, CA
      Mar 7, 2024

Love everything about this little spot!! Food is great, ambiance is fun, and the view is breathtaking!!! A must stop if you're in Morro Bay!!!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jenny V.
      Jenny V.
      Anaheim, CA
      May 29, 2023

Wish they had heat lamps but we still enjoyed our time! Had a live musician play some oldies on his keyboard while eating delicious food by the pier. Had a lovely sea lion wave to us as we enjoyed our meal.
      Clam chowder bowl - 7/10 was good and warm but should have gotten a cup size.
      Tuna melt- 8/10 dug into this bad boy first. Had to use some ketchup tho for some tang
      Bbq oysters- 10/10 always delicious even second time around. Mouth is watering just reminiscing
      Calamari- 6/10 was nice and crispy at first but unless you eat this dish first the mist in the air takes out the crisp real fast

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1

50 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Jersey Mike’s Subs
    3.0 (123 reviews)

Mary K. said"first of all- I never write reviews- as it seems most are from angry bitter self- obsessed people who have no idea how challenging working with the public can be. That said I had such a good experience at this Jersey Mikes I had to…"read more

in Sandwiches, Delis, Fast Food

Grocery Outlet Bargain Market
    4.0 (35 reviews)

4.4 miles away from Tognazzini's Dockside Too

Melinda R. said"I am a local here and yesterday was my first time visit. My shopping experience was very pleasant as were the staff. Unfortunately at the end of my stay I left something very valuable to me in a cart outside. I left my wallet with…"read more

in Discount Store, Grocery

Collections Including Tognazzini's Dockside Too

People Also Viewed